It can be left for 2 years and does not need a lot of manpower or money to do. All you need is:
- To cut the stalks while they are still green, cut into small pieces.
- Dig a pit on the ground, the other side should be shallow than the other,
- Cover the pit with polythene plastic or u can use old tents which do not have holes to cover the pit.
- Apply the cut pieces and apply pressure using a tank full of water, do that until the pit is full.
- Cover the pit with the polythene plastic avoiding holes for water or air to come in and out,
- Finally cover with soil.
- Then you can always open and feed the livestock